The National Bank of Ukraine has introduced a new commemorative silver coin on the 70th anniversary of the Melitopol offensive against German troops and the liberation of the city on October 23, 1943.
"The events of World War II never cease to amaze about the force of the national spirit and the heroism of millions who rose to defend the homeland, their homes and families. This is why the National Bank of Ukraine perpetuates the traditions of historical events in commemorative coins," Tamara Loshmanova, the bank's head of numismatic products and marketing, said.
The new coin is called "The Breakthrough of Soviet Troops Against the German Defense Line Wotan and liberation of Melitopol."
Wotan was what the Germans called the line of defense it built on the Molochna River that flows through the eastern edge of the city in southeastern Ukraine. During the offensive, approximately 200,000 Soviet troops were killed.
Each of the 30,000 limited edition coins is worth $5.
- BTA BANK - KAZAKHASTAN: JSC BTA Bank rating assignment
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Deifnes A Panel of Judges for the Climate Changemakers Awards
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB has allocated US $ 78 million to improve sections of regional roads in the Kyrgyz Republic
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank Participates in Expo Dedicated to "International Day of Savings"
- ARMSWISSBANK - ARMENIA: ARMSWISSBANK CJSC Made a Payment of AMSWISB23ER3 Corporate Coupon Bond
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank will pay 50 children for rehabilitation courses
- AMERICAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE IN KAZAKHSTAN: International Centre for Parliamentary Studies: Strategic Management and Leadership programme - 4th - 8th March 2019 | London, UK
- AG BANK: AGBank has prepared 2 new campaigns for its valuable customers
- THE WORLD BANK: Jobs of the future require more investment in people
- VTB BANK - ARMENIA: VTB acquires Sarovbusinessbank