Georgia's Finance Minister Nodar Khaduri held a meeting with members of the Association of Banks of Georgia on Oct. 2.
"We discussed matters of cooperation, including informational support, and future plans," Khaduri said. "We discussed the possibilities for involving the banking sector in the process of actively boosting the economy. We agreed to hold another meeting in two weeks and make concrete decisions."
The meeting was attended by representatives of the TBC Bank, the Bank of Georgia, ProCredit Bank and Liberty Bank.
"The development of the Georgian economy has a significant effect on the strength of the banking sector," Zurab Gvasalia, the president of the Association of Banks of Georgia, said.
"We are deeply interested in the development of the state economy and receiving more finances from the banking sector for the state economy. We discussed the support on the part of the Ministry of Finance and the government in general in this process."
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar