In its latest quarterly survey of top Ukrainian business managers, the National Bank of Ukraine found a marked improvement in its assessment of current and future business activity.
A total of 1,267 enterprises from all regions of the country were included in the survey for 3Q 2013.
The Business Outlook Index stood at 113.8 percent compared to 114.4 percent in the previous quarter due to a slight weakening in expectations for increased sales and investment growth.
For the third quarter in a row, the respondents expect both purchase and sales prices to grow at a slower pace in the next 12 months. They also downgraded their expectations for a rise in production costs. Higher energy, raw material and supplies prices were listed as the key drivers in sales prices.
Respondents also expect an increase in borrowing needs in the next quarter. At the same time, the share of respondents who have already obtained loans and the proportion of those who intend to take out bank loans increased.
The respondents markedly lowered their assessment of a tightening of credit in the last quarter and of an adverse impact of limited access to credit on output growth.
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank has a new board chairman
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: ABN AMRO to make more sustainability information available to investors
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: The Central Bank trained primary school teachers as a pilot project
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Belarusian Foreign Ministry hosts a round table on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the modern Belarusian diplomatic service
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank and singapore-Based EFA Financial Institutions Debt Fund PTE. LTD. Investment Company Signed a Loan Agreement
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sends Condolences to Indonesia in Wake of Tsunami Disaster
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank announces New Year deposit
- AG BANK: Happy birthday, Mr. President!
- BASIS BANK - GEORGIA: Hurry up! The action started on mortgage loans in GEL!
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Opening hours for the Christmas holidays