Governor of the Central Bank of Azerbaijan Elman Rustamov and other central bank officials recently met with a delegation from the World Bank led by Manager of MSME Finance Aurora Ferrari.
The two sides discussed current and future partnerships in a range of strategic and financial programs.
In addition to financing several developmental projects, the bank is also providing Azerbaijan with analytical and advisory services in order to help the country's growth strategy and policy choices.
The bank, in conjunction with the government of Azerbaijan, is also developing a multi-year Joint Economic Research Program that will ensure continuous access to policy advice and technical expertise.
"With a solid rise in income and a reduction in poverty, Azerbaijan weathered the recent global economic crisis much better than many other countries," the World Bank said in its latest country report on Azerbaijan. "But the post-crisis world is not free of challenges.
"While it withstood the crisis relatively well, the situation showed Azerbaijan's need for a diversified economy, market-based policies and better social services."
Azerbaijan joined the World Bank in 1992.
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Green and Blue Finance Will Help Bridge Infrastructure Investment Gap in Southeast Asia
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: World Bank and IMF Officials Visit Morocco to Prepare 2021 Annual Meetings in Marrakech
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Time to demonstrate our ability to solve problems in two pre-election years
- GEORGIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY: Georgian Chamber of Commerce and Industry responds to the promotion of Georgia in the EuCham ranking
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Ministry of Finance proposed to establish the amount of bank guarantees of VEB.RF and EDB for customs
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Converse Bank offers online loans at a low effective interest rate
- BANK OF GEORGIA: Bank of Georgia opened a new branch of property management accumulated in the historical building
- BANK OF MOSCOW - RUSSIA: VTB patents a multi-issuer blockchain system
- EUROPEAN BANK FOR RECONSTRUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT: EBRD investment in Western Balkans tops €1 billion in 2018
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Two medical centers in Armavir region got new equipment and furniture thanks to Fruitful Armenia Foundation