The Central Bank of the Republic of Uzbekistan reported this week on the role of commercial banks in improving the economic health of bankrupt enterprises.
"The global financial and economic crisis, which began five years ago, caused serious damage to the economies of several countries, the activities of large multinational companies and financial institutions. This has led to an increase in the number of unemployed and lower income," the bank said.
According to the bank, the leadership of Uzbekistan has developed a program of anti-crisis measures not only to soften the impact of the global financial crisis, but also to ensure the consistent development of the national economy and improve its stability.
"Under this program, domestic commercial banks are paying special attention to the timely adoption of the necessary measures for the financial support of the real sector of the economy," the bank said.
The measures include modernization, developments in technology, reducing production costs and increasing efficiency.
"It should be noted that the experience of involvement of commercial banks in the processes of financial rehabilitation of insolvent companies has fully justified itself. Increased use of financial and organizational capacity of commercial banks in the intensive care unit of insolvent companies is an innovative approach that has no analogies in the world," the bank said.
Under the plan, commercial banks acquire a bankrupt enterprise at auction, make it financially solvent and sell the company to strategic investors at market value. Resuscitated enterprises are exempt from paying income tax, property tax and land tax for three years prior to the implementation of a strategic investor.
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank has a new board chairman
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: ABN AMRO to make more sustainability information available to investors
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: The Central Bank trained primary school teachers as a pilot project
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Belarusian Foreign Ministry hosts a round table on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the modern Belarusian diplomatic service
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank and singapore-Based EFA Financial Institutions Debt Fund PTE. LTD. Investment Company Signed a Loan Agreement
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sends Condolences to Indonesia in Wake of Tsunami Disaster
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank announces New Year deposit
- AG BANK: Happy birthday, Mr. President!
- BASIS BANK - GEORGIA: Hurry up! The action started on mortgage loans in GEL!
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Opening hours for the Christmas holidays