The central bank of Georgia's current account deficit was $225.1 million in the second quarter of 2013, down 61.4 percent from the same period in 2012.
The export of goods in the second quarter was $106.9 million, while imports were $127.3 million, a trade balance deficit amounting to $848.7 million, down 21.6 percent from the second quarter of 2012.
The export of services was $725.7 million, 21.6 percent higher than the same quarter in 2012, and the import of services was $381.7 million, 6.6 percent higher than the same quarter last year.
Tourism reached $355.1 million in the second quarter, up 32.8 percent from the same period last year.
Net foreign direct investment during the same period totaled $195.5 million, 6.9 percent higher than for last year, while portfolio investments equaled $91.1 million, with assets increasing by $1 million and liabilities decreasing by $90.1 million.
Overall, with the help of the IMF and World Bank, Georgia has made substantial economic gains since 2000, achieving strong GDP growth and curtailing inflation.
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On holding auctions on attracting funds by the Central Bank
- UNICREDIT - AZERBAIJAN: UniCredit launches first ETFs combining factor strategy with ESG criteria on European equities
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT BANK: AIIB, EBRD and BSTDB co-finance expansion of Turkey’s largest geothermal power plant
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Belarus wants to deepen economic ties with Latvia
- GOVERNMENT OF ARMENIA: Open Government Partnership Initiative Working Group Holds Meeting
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: France: Derichebourg receives EIB financing of 130 million euros under the Juncker Plan
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: IMF Executive Board Completes the Second Review under the Extended Credit Facility Arrangement and Approves US$25 Million Disbursement to Burkina Faso
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Salary Card with 70% Discount
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sells 60 Million Lari Dual-Tranche Domestic Bonds in Georgia