The central bank of Georgia's current account deficit was $225.1 million in the second quarter of 2013, down 61.4 percent from the same period in 2012.
The export of goods in the second quarter was $106.9 million, while imports were $127.3 million, a trade balance deficit amounting to $848.7 million, down 21.6 percent from the second quarter of 2012.
The export of services was $725.7 million, 21.6 percent higher than the same quarter in 2012, and the import of services was $381.7 million, 6.6 percent higher than the same quarter last year.
Tourism reached $355.1 million in the second quarter, up 32.8 percent from the same period last year.
Net foreign direct investment during the same period totaled $195.5 million, 6.9 percent higher than for last year, while portfolio investments equaled $91.1 million, with assets increasing by $1 million and liabilities decreasing by $90.1 million.
Overall, with the help of the IMF and World Bank, Georgia has made substantial economic gains since 2000, achieving strong GDP growth and curtailing inflation.
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: Investment Plan for Europe: the EIB and Grifols sign a new loan agreement to advance research on rare and chronic diseases
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Eurasian Development Bank and Kazyna Capital Management signed an agreement on cooperation
- BANK ZENIT - RUSSIA: Banking Group ZENIT announced its financial results under IFRS for the six months of 2018
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Remotely Refines its Personal Data
- BANK OF GEORGIA: With the general partnership of the Bank of Georgia, the traditional horse racing "Baccharo Cup 2018" was held to popularize the resort Bakhmaro
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Philippine PPP Policy Gets a Boost from ADB's $300 Million Loan
- AG BANK: AGBank congratulates the people of Azerbaijan with the state attribute on the 26th anniversary of manat!
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: New ABN AMRO campaign highlights sustainable business