The Republic of Belarus' current account deficit with the Customs Union and Common Economic Space member countries fell to $4.648.4 million in January-June, down from $8.240.3 million in January-June 2012, according to figures released by the National Bank of Belarus.
The Customs Union of Belarus, Kazakhstan and Russia was established on January 1, 2010, and was launched as a first step toward forming a broader European Union-type economic alliance of former Soviet states, to be called the Eurasion Economic union.
Two years later, on January 1, 2012, the three Customs Union members introduced a Common Economic Space to promote further economic integration.
Then-Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said in his state-of-the nation address to both houses of parliament on December 22, 2011, that Russia intended to intensify economic integration in the post-Soviet space and expects the Eurasian Economic Union with Belarus and Kazakhstan to come into existence by 2015.
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank has a new board chairman
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: ABN AMRO to make more sustainability information available to investors
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: The Central Bank trained primary school teachers as a pilot project
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Belarusian Foreign Ministry hosts a round table on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the modern Belarusian diplomatic service
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank and singapore-Based EFA Financial Institutions Debt Fund PTE. LTD. Investment Company Signed a Loan Agreement
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sends Condolences to Indonesia in Wake of Tsunami Disaster
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank announces New Year deposit
- AG BANK: Happy birthday, Mr. President!
- BASIS BANK - GEORGIA: Hurry up! The action started on mortgage loans in GEL!
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Opening hours for the Christmas holidays