The Republic of Belarus' current account deficit with the Customs Union and Common Economic Space member countries fell to $4.648.4 million in January-June, down from $8.240.3 million in January-June 2012, according to figures released by the National Bank of Belarus.
The Customs Union of Belarus, Kazakhstan and Russia was established on January 1, 2010, and was launched as a first step toward forming a broader European Union-type economic alliance of former Soviet states, to be called the Eurasion Economic union.
Two years later, on January 1, 2012, the three Customs Union members introduced a Common Economic Space to promote further economic integration.
Then-Russian President Dmitry Medvedev said in his state-of-the nation address to both houses of parliament on December 22, 2011, that Russia intended to intensify economic integration in the post-Soviet space and expects the Eurasian Economic Union with Belarus and Kazakhstan to come into existence by 2015.
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB, Tonga Sign Grant Agreement for Ongoing Urban Project
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: Order a free Idram Rocket Visa Card and get 2 KinoPark invitations
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: French-Armenian Doctors Program in Tavush
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On results of deposit auction on attraction of funds by the Central Bank
- CARTUBANK - GEORGIA: Card tariffs
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB President Reaffirms Strong Support to Maldives
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Rosbank will keep zero service fee for money transfers via Faster Payments System
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies