The International Bank of Azerbaijan is offering a new "Qibla" debit card to customers of its Islamic banking services.
"The card contains a special e-compass, which allows customers to determine the direction of the Qibla, the Kaaba in Mecca," Behnam Gurbanzadeh, the head of the IBA's Islamic Banking Department, said.
Gurbanzadeh said that the card has been tested and shows the exact direction.
"The Qibla card can be used not only in debit form but also on debit limits established by the bank," Gurbanzadeh said. "The matter of extension of the debt limit is discussed after the expiry of its repayment term. The money returned by the client is added to the balance and the limit is resumed."
Gurbanzadeh said that funds allocated within the Islamic Banking Department are placed in a so-called "sub-treasury" and are not mixed with other accounts.
Headquartered in Baku, the International Bank of Azerbaijan has more than 30,000 corporate customers and 400,000 individual customers. It consists of 36 branches and 95 service outlets in more than 40 cities.
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: Investment Plan for Europe: the EIB and Grifols sign a new loan agreement to advance research on rare and chronic diseases
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Eurasian Development Bank and Kazyna Capital Management signed an agreement on cooperation
- BANK ZENIT - RUSSIA: Banking Group ZENIT announced its financial results under IFRS for the six months of 2018
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Remotely Refines its Personal Data
- BANK OF GEORGIA: With the general partnership of the Bank of Georgia, the traditional horse racing "Baccharo Cup 2018" was held to popularize the resort Bakhmaro
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Philippine PPP Policy Gets a Boost from ADB's $300 Million Loan
- AG BANK: AGBank congratulates the people of Azerbaijan with the state attribute on the 26th anniversary of manat!
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: New ABN AMRO campaign highlights sustainable business