A round-table discussion on the training of engineers in the oil and gas industry was held Thursday in Kazan, the capital of the Republic of Tatarstan.
The roundtable was part of the 42nd IGIP International Symposium on Engineering Education, entitled "Global Challenges in Engineering Education" and organized in conjunction with the Kazan National Research Technological University and Austria's Technical Institute of Carinthia.
President of Tatarstan Rustam Minnikhanov told participants that there is a growing need for highly skilled engineers in the republics.
"Today, we need to consolidate all the possibilities, based on the real sector of the economy, and in cooperation with foreign partners; otherwise, further development of the enterprises is impossible," Minnikhanov said.
President of IGIP Michael Auer presented Minnikhano with a certificate of membership.
Deputy General Director of TATNEFT Rustam Mukhamadeev also spoke of the pressing need for skilled engineers.
"The fuel and energy complex and specifically the oil industry is one of the high-tech, knowledge-intensive sectors of the world economy," Mukhamadeev said. "Therefore the fuel and energy companies staffing issue is given the highest priority."
Participants also discussed global trends in the development of technical education and research and shared information on the implementation of personnel training programs for the oil and gas industry.
- ARDSHININVESTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank and Black Sea Trade and Development Bank sign $ 20 million loan agreement
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: Message from Mher Abrahamyan, Chairman of IDBank's Board of Directors, to clients
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank applies to its clients
- ARMBUSINESSBANK - ARMENIA: ARMBUSINESSBANK Announces Deferred Loan Repayments
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: About loans: ACBA-Credit Agricole Bank
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank customers can receive their money transfers without visiting the Bank
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Amount on settlement and deposit accounts in EDB exceeded $ 440 million
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Staff at ADB Headquarters to Temporarily Work from Home
- RAIFFESISENBANK - RUSSIA: Raiffeisenbank bought a domain in anticipation of the launch of a new product
- CARTUBANK - GEORGIA: Additional privileges for Visa Infinite card holders