A round-table discussion on the training of engineers in the oil and gas industry was held Thursday in Kazan, the capital of the Republic of Tatarstan.
The roundtable was part of the 42nd IGIP International Symposium on Engineering Education, entitled "Global Challenges in Engineering Education" and organized in conjunction with the Kazan National Research Technological University and Austria's Technical Institute of Carinthia.
President of Tatarstan Rustam Minnikhanov told participants that there is a growing need for highly skilled engineers in the republics.
"Today, we need to consolidate all the possibilities, based on the real sector of the economy, and in cooperation with foreign partners; otherwise, further development of the enterprises is impossible," Minnikhanov said.
President of IGIP Michael Auer presented Minnikhano with a certificate of membership.
Deputy General Director of TATNEFT Rustam Mukhamadeev also spoke of the pressing need for skilled engineers.
"The fuel and energy complex and specifically the oil industry is one of the high-tech, knowledge-intensive sectors of the world economy," Mukhamadeev said. "Therefore the fuel and energy companies staffing issue is given the highest priority."
Participants also discussed global trends in the development of technical education and research and shared information on the implementation of personnel training programs for the oil and gas industry.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar