The National Bank of Ukraine has adopted Resolution 364 amending legislation governing export and import operations.
"According to the current legislation and its functions and powers the Bank exercises control over foreign exchange transactions of its customers, including those related to compliance with the terms of payment for foreign trade transactions," Hope Pasenova, the director of controls, methodology and licensing, and currency transactions at the National Bank of Ukraine, said. "Recent changes adopted by the National Bank of Ukraine slightly improve procedures for the bank's control over operations of imports, especially imports without import goods into the territory of Ukraine.
"With the changes, authorized banks can take to control import transactions without the importation of goods into the territory of Ukraine only if the information on receipts from the sale of these products outside Ukraine or use of imported good outside Ukraine for the purpose. In all other cases, the authorized bank shall notify the tax authority to carry out such operations."
There are more than 180 banks under the supervision of the NBU, which is headquartered in Kiev.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar