The National Bank of Ukraine has adopted Resolution 364 amending legislation governing export and import operations.
"According to the current legislation and its functions and powers the Bank exercises control over foreign exchange transactions of its customers, including those related to compliance with the terms of payment for foreign trade transactions," Hope Pasenova, the director of controls, methodology and licensing, and currency transactions at the National Bank of Ukraine, said. "Recent changes adopted by the National Bank of Ukraine slightly improve procedures for the bank's control over operations of imports, especially imports without import goods into the territory of Ukraine.
"With the changes, authorized banks can take to control import transactions without the importation of goods into the territory of Ukraine only if the information on receipts from the sale of these products outside Ukraine or use of imported good outside Ukraine for the purpose. In all other cases, the authorized bank shall notify the tax authority to carry out such operations."
There are more than 180 banks under the supervision of the NBU, which is headquartered in Kiev.
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank has a new board chairman
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: ABN AMRO to make more sustainability information available to investors
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: The Central Bank trained primary school teachers as a pilot project
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Belarusian Foreign Ministry hosts a round table on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the modern Belarusian diplomatic service
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank and singapore-Based EFA Financial Institutions Debt Fund PTE. LTD. Investment Company Signed a Loan Agreement
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sends Condolences to Indonesia in Wake of Tsunami Disaster
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank announces New Year deposit
- AG BANK: Happy birthday, Mr. President!
- BASIS BANK - GEORGIA: Hurry up! The action started on mortgage loans in GEL!
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Opening hours for the Christmas holidays