The World Bank's board of directors has approved a $60 million loan to co-finance Russia's Second National Hydromet System Modernization Project, the Roshydromet-2.
The $139.50 million project will assist the Russian Federal Service on Hydrometeorology and Environmental Monitoring in enhancing the national capacity to deliver reliable and timely weather, hydrological and climate information to the public, regional and municipal government, and economic sectors dependent on weather, water and climate.
The project will also foster the Russian Federation's ability to integrate its meteorological services into the global system.
"The project supports two strategic themes of the Bank's Country Partnership Strategy for the Russian Federation: increasing growth and diversification, and deepening Russia's global and regional role," World Bank Country Director for Russia Michal Rutkowski said. "The project will contribute to sustainable development and effective protection of the national economy and human lives from extreme weather and climate related disasters. It will also help to strengthen Russia's contribution to global public goods and further its role in the World Meteorological Organization and as a regional leader."
The project will benefit the international hydrometeorological community by providing better access to reliable and abundant observation data from Russia's vast territory, contributing to more accurate global forecasting.
It will continue to play a major role in strengthening hydrometeorological services in Central Asia, where Roshydromet remains a recognized leader.
- EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT-NEWS: End-of-term assessment for the Juncker Commission
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: A meeting of the delegation of the Eurasian Fund for Stabilization and Development with the World Bank team
- NIKOIL - RUSSIA: URALSIB Bank took 15th place among banks in the RAEX-600 rating
- PRAVEX BAANK - UKRAINE: PRAVEX BANK joins EBRD Trade Facilitation Program to support foreign economic activity of Ukrainian exporters and importers
- PROMSVYAZBANK - RUSSIA: IE on USN 6% can pay taxes through the mobile application "PSB My Business"
- AG BANK: AGBank ASC is expanding its ATM network
- ATA BANK - AZERBAIJAN: It's time to make your trade online with AtaBank
- BTA BANK - KAZAKHSTAN: Regarding the seizure of property of the companies, controlled by M.K. Ablyazov
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: ACBA-Credit Agricole Bank to continue supporting SMEs
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank Participates in Banking Union of Armenia "Financial Literacy and Skills" Program