The World Bank's board of directors has approved a $60 million loan to co-finance Russia's Second National Hydromet System Modernization Project, the Roshydromet-2.
The $139.50 million project will assist the Russian Federal Service on Hydrometeorology and Environmental Monitoring in enhancing the national capacity to deliver reliable and timely weather, hydrological and climate information to the public, regional and municipal government, and economic sectors dependent on weather, water and climate.
The project will also foster the Russian Federation's ability to integrate its meteorological services into the global system.
"The project supports two strategic themes of the Bank's Country Partnership Strategy for the Russian Federation: increasing growth and diversification, and deepening Russia's global and regional role," World Bank Country Director for Russia Michal Rutkowski said. "The project will contribute to sustainable development and effective protection of the national economy and human lives from extreme weather and climate related disasters. It will also help to strengthen Russia's contribution to global public goods and further its role in the World Meteorological Organization and as a regional leader."
The project will benefit the international hydrometeorological community by providing better access to reliable and abundant observation data from Russia's vast territory, contributing to more accurate global forecasting.
It will continue to play a major role in strengthening hydrometeorological services in Central Asia, where Roshydromet remains a recognized leader.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar