Deposits in the National Bank of Tajikistan during the first half of 2013 amounted to $1.09 million, an increase of more than 17 percent compared to the same period last year, according to the latest statistics.
Approximately one-quarter of that amount was in the national currency, the somoni, and three-quarters in foreign currency. Thirty-six percent of the deposits were from legal entities and 64 percent from individuals.
The average interest rate on somoni deposits was 15.4 percent compared to 16.08 percent during the same period last year, while the rate on foreign currency deposits was 11.03 percent compared to 13.42 percent for the same period last year.
- THE WORLD BANK: Jobs of the future require more investment in people
- VTB BANK - ARMENIA: VTB acquires Sarovbusinessbank
- THE WORLD BANK: Sri Lanka Has the Potential to More Than Double Its Exports to South Asia
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT: BSTDB launched a call for expression of interest for website design services
- SEB - UKRAINE: SEB joins finance- and sustainability board
- SOBINBANK - RUSSIA: New features of the DBO Bank-Client
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Anastasia Bushueva Appointed Chief Accountant - Director of Accounting and Reporting Department of Rosbank
- NIKOIL - RUSSIA: Bank URALSIB entered the Top 10 media ratings of Russian banks in August
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"