The Republic of Belarus recently reported a decrease in gold reserves to $214.9 million as of the end of August.
According to preliminary data, gold reserves totaled $7,712.0 million in the equivalent in September.
There was a $134 million drop in the amount of national foreign exchange reserves on September 1, amounting to $8,430.4 million in the equivalent.
The decrease in the volume of foreign exchange reserves has had an effect on the redemption of the Government and the National Bank of the Republic of Belarus, foreign and domestic foreign currency liabilities in full.
There was an increase in gold prices in the international market of precious metals due to the maintenance of reserves in August of this year. This also contributed to the placement of foreign currency bonds of the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Belarus in the domestic market.
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On holding auctions on attracting funds by the Central Bank
- UNICREDIT - AZERBAIJAN: UniCredit launches first ETFs combining factor strategy with ESG criteria on European equities
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT BANK: AIIB, EBRD and BSTDB co-finance expansion of Turkey’s largest geothermal power plant
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Belarus wants to deepen economic ties with Latvia
- GOVERNMENT OF ARMENIA: Open Government Partnership Initiative Working Group Holds Meeting
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: France: Derichebourg receives EIB financing of 130 million euros under the Juncker Plan
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: IMF Executive Board Completes the Second Review under the Extended Credit Facility Arrangement and Approves US$25 Million Disbursement to Burkina Faso