The retail business of Alfa-Bank, the leading private bank in Russia, showed strong growth in the first half of 2013, the bank announced on Monday.
Alfa-Bank's loan portfolio reached $5.6 trillion, a year-on-year increase of 60 percent. The retail business accounts for 52 percent of the bank's operating profit.
Alfa-Bank's credit card portfolio increased by 36 percent to $1.4 billion, compared to a growth of 25 percent for the Russian credit card market as a whole. Its market share exceeded 5 percent.
In consumer lending, the bank issued $858 million in the first half of 2013, a year-on-year increase of 36 percent. The cash loan portfolio grew by 24 percent to $2.5 billion.
Time deposits during the period grew by 14 percent, compared to a growth of 11 percent for the market as a whole.
"Results from the first half of 2013 show an increased demand for retail products and services of the bank, and the classic credit products, and remote banking channels. The figures for this period also show a significant increase in business and maintaining high rates of growth of the loan portfolio. Retail business of Alfa-Bank has demonstrated strong growth in all business segments, surpassing many targets, and in some segments ahead of the market," Alexey Korovin, the head of Alfa-Bank's retail business, said. "Our goal is to grow by about 20-30 percent faster than the market in all key areas of retail business."
- BTA BANK - KAZAKHASTAN: JSC BTA Bank rating assignment
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Deifnes A Panel of Judges for the Climate Changemakers Awards
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB has allocated US $ 78 million to improve sections of regional roads in the Kyrgyz Republic
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank Participates in Expo Dedicated to "International Day of Savings"
- ARMSWISSBANK - ARMENIA: ARMSWISSBANK CJSC Made a Payment of AMSWISB23ER3 Corporate Coupon Bond
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank will pay 50 children for rehabilitation courses
- AMERICAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE IN KAZAKHSTAN: International Centre for Parliamentary Studies: Strategic Management and Leadership programme - 4th - 8th March 2019 | London, UK
- AG BANK: AGBank has prepared 2 new campaigns for its valuable customers
- THE WORLD BANK: Jobs of the future require more investment in people
- VTB BANK - ARMENIA: VTB acquires Sarovbusinessbank