The Central Bank of the Russian Federation recently published its action plan to implement financial stability board principles meant to reduce reliance on credit rating agency ratings.
The plan was published in accordance with the Financial Board Roadmap for Reducing Reliance on Credit Rating Agency Ratings tat was welcomed at the G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors Meeting in Mexico City in Nov.
The action plan lists three areas of work - a refinancing policy for the Bank of Russia, prudential regulation and supervision of banks, and regulation and supervision of non-bank financial companies.
The refinancing policy calls for the bank to improve its internal assessment methodology, interact with the Federal State Statistics Service to create a common database on companies and develop proposals concerning disclosures by issuers between 2013 and 2015.
The prudential regulation and supervision of banks actions include preparing the implementation of the IRB approach through 2014 and using the approach beginning in 2015. The bank will also improve complex analysis of non-financial companies for prudential purposes through 2015.
The action plan also calls for the development of proposals concerning reducing reliance on ratings in regulation through 2014.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar