Nordic Environment Finance Corporation recently granted the right to open current accounts in hryvnia with Ukrainian banks
The National Bank of Ukraine granted the Nordic Environment Finance Corporation the right to open current accounts in hryvnia with Ukrainians banks.
A framework signed September 17, 2009, was established for using such accounts when carrying out transactions to provide loans and guarantees in domestic currency to Ukrainian residents under the projects implemented as part of the framework agreement between the government of Ukraine and the Nordic Environment Finance Corporation.
The International Finance Corporation was granted the right to use domestic currency earlier in order to fund projects when effecting payments and settlements linked to transactions to provide loans and guarantees in the domestic currency to residents.
Additionally, NBU Board Resolution number 172 expanded correspondent account relationships with the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development. This allows the EBRD to open correspondent accounts in hryvnia with any authorized Ukrainian bank. Resolution 172 is on the approval of amendments to regulation on opening and maintaining correspondent accounts of residents and non-resident banks in foreign currency and correspondent accounts of non-resident banks in hryvnia.
Outhryvnia-denominated transactions will be able to be carried by out by EBRD through the correspondent accounts as part of EBRD's activities in Ukraine in accordance with an agreement signed on May 29, 1990, with Ukraine.
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank has a new board chairman
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: ABN AMRO to make more sustainability information available to investors
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: The Central Bank trained primary school teachers as a pilot project
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Belarusian Foreign Ministry hosts a round table on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the modern Belarusian diplomatic service
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank and singapore-Based EFA Financial Institutions Debt Fund PTE. LTD. Investment Company Signed a Loan Agreement
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sends Condolences to Indonesia in Wake of Tsunami Disaster
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank announces New Year deposit
- AG BANK: Happy birthday, Mr. President!
- BASIS BANK - GEORGIA: Hurry up! The action started on mortgage loans in GEL!
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Opening hours for the Christmas holidays