Young geologists recently participated in the IXth All-Russian In-Field Olympiad on the grounds of Kazan's health improvement camps.
The event was held under the Year of Environmental Protection that was announced by the Vladimir Putin in honor of the 70th anniversary of beginning commercial development of oil fields in Tatarstan.
The forum was organized by the Federal Agency for Subsoil Use, the Russian Geological Society RosGeo and the government of the Republic of Tatarstan. JSC Tatneft acted as the event's main sponsor.
For 10 days in August, schoolchildren and their mentors demonstrated their knowledge and skills in paleontology, mineralogy, radiometry, hydrology, geological formation, field site organization and first aid treatment, among other disciplines.
Children from 31 regions of Russia and four CIS countries participated.
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Green and Blue Finance Will Help Bridge Infrastructure Investment Gap in Southeast Asia
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: World Bank and IMF Officials Visit Morocco to Prepare 2021 Annual Meetings in Marrakech
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Time to demonstrate our ability to solve problems in two pre-election years
- GEORGIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY: Georgian Chamber of Commerce and Industry responds to the promotion of Georgia in the EuCham ranking
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Ministry of Finance proposed to establish the amount of bank guarantees of VEB.RF and EDB for customs
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Converse Bank offers online loans at a low effective interest rate
- BANK OF GEORGIA: Bank of Georgia opened a new branch of property management accumulated in the historical building
- BANK OF MOSCOW - RUSSIA: VTB patents a multi-issuer blockchain system
- EUROPEAN BANK FOR RECONSTRUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT: EBRD investment in Western Balkans tops €1 billion in 2018
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Two medical centers in Armavir region got new equipment and furniture thanks to Fruitful Armenia Foundation