The National Bank of Ukraine announced Friday that it has disbursed an emergency loan of approximately $28 million to PrivatBank in order for it to be able to meet its obligations to depositors.
According to the regulator, the bank houses 26 percent of household deposits in the country and is unique in that it is a specialized savings bank with over 50 percent of its liabilities consisting of private deposits. It also houses 15 percent of the total assets within the Ukrainian banking sector.
This loan is conditional and can only be used to meet individual obligations. It also stipulates that collateral in the form of railway transport vehicles and a guarantee from a qualified holder of bank stock will be held against the refinancing loan. This arrangement was determined by a third-party auditing company.
In February, the bank's shareholders approved an increase in capital to approximately $788 million.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about National Bank of Ukraine ?
Next time we write about National Bank of Ukraine, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Vice-President Chen Highlights Uzbekistan's Capital Market Development Priorities in Keynote Speech
- ATA BANK - AZERBAIJAN: AtaBank's traditional savings campaign kicks off
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Baltic International Bank’s Opening Hours on 18 November 2019
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: Break of UKRSIBBANK Payment Cards , ATMS and POS Terminal
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank has 13 new employees
- ARMSWISSBANK - ARMENIA: ArmSwissBank Made Coupon Payments of Corporate Bonds
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Provides Seminars and Trainings within the Women in Business Program
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Baltic International Bank supports Stockholm School of Economics in Riga
- EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT-NEWS: End-of-term assessment for the Juncker Commission
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: A meeting of the delegation of the Eurasian Fund for Stabilization and Development with the World Bank team