Eurasian Development Bank (EDB) experienced a strong increase in income last year compared to 2015.
The bank published a press release on its website regarding its 2016 financial statements. Last year, the bank's net income was $163.5 million, compared to a net loss of $143.6 million in 2015.
The bank experienced a major decrease in interest expenses -— from $133.1 million in 2015 down to $84.3 million in 2016. Interest income on assets available for sale also rose from $4.9 million in 2015 to $18.5 million in 2016.
EDB also had a net non-interest income of $30.2 million last year due to increased return on transactions in the bank's treasury portfolio. In 2015, the number was negative due to a $64.3 million provision for impairment losses on assets. Budget discipline has helped the bank tighten up its expenses.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Eurasian Development Bank ?
Next time we write about Eurasian Development Bank, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank continues to offer tools for reconstruction and refinancing of problematic loan commitments
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: The results of the draw have been summed up at IDBank's Vanadzor branch
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT BANK: BSTDB Acts as Anchor Investor in the First Corporate Bond Issue in Moldova
- GOVERNMENT OF ARMENIA: Deputy Prime Minister Tigran Avinyan Received the US Ambassador
- THE WORLD BANK: Urgent Structural Reforms Can Revive Pakistan’s Economic Growth
- TBC BANK - GEORGIA: TBC Bank's GEL 103 mln Loan Funded by FMO Won Best Local Currency Loan Award in CEE
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: EIB to help protect 1,400km roads in rural Lao PDR from climate change
- CENTRAL BANK OF UZBEKISTAN: Republicanization of the Balance of the Republic of Uzbekistan, the position of investment position and the debts of debt
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT BANK: New BSTDB Secretary General Assumes Duties
- AG BANK: 30% discount on "Royal Gallery Home Collection" stores with AGBank's cards!