The European Investment Bank (EIB) is offering $52.72 million to boost Pancretan Cooperative Bank's financing of projects in Greece.
This financial agreement is part of a program called Loans for SMEs and MidCaps. Pancretan will support small- to medium-size enterprises with investment loans and working capital.
“I am very pleased to be in Athens today to further extend the EIB’s ambitious new credit line for SMEs and Midcaps, which are a vital pillar of the Greek economy,” Jonathan Taylor, EIB's vice president of Greek lending, said in a press release.
In December, the EIB launched a new credit line worth up to $1.05 billion for Greek banks and signed agreements with the four key banks for $105.49 each.
“The European Investment Bank remains committed to supporting private sector growth and the real economy, as well as continuing to invest in young people," Taylor said. "These are among the principal objectives of the EU Bank’s engagement in Greece. Pancretan plays a key role in the Greek provinces, especially on the island of Crete, and our combined efforts will help more companies across the country to expand their business activity and create much needed quality new jobs, especially for talented young people who represent the country’s future."
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about European Investment Bank ?
Next time we write about European Investment Bank, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Green and Blue Finance Will Help Bridge Infrastructure Investment Gap in Southeast Asia
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: World Bank and IMF Officials Visit Morocco to Prepare 2021 Annual Meetings in Marrakech
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Time to demonstrate our ability to solve problems in two pre-election years
- GEORGIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY: Georgian Chamber of Commerce and Industry responds to the promotion of Georgia in the EuCham ranking
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Ministry of Finance proposed to establish the amount of bank guarantees of VEB.RF and EDB for customs
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Converse Bank offers online loans at a low effective interest rate
- BANK OF GEORGIA: Bank of Georgia opened a new branch of property management accumulated in the historical building
- BANK OF MOSCOW - RUSSIA: VTB patents a multi-issuer blockchain system
- EUROPEAN BANK FOR RECONSTRUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT: EBRD investment in Western Balkans tops €1 billion in 2018
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Two medical centers in Armavir region got new equipment and furniture thanks to Fruitful Armenia Foundation