The European Investment Bank (EIB) has inked an agreement with Deutsche Kreditbank AG (DKB) for a framework loan worth $267 million.
The loan will provide funds for DKB to funnel into renewable energy products, health and education facilities and transportation infrastructure projects in Germany.
“As part of its climate strategy, the EU bank is committed to dedicating at least a quarter of its loans to strengthening environmental protection,"
EIB's vice president of German operations, said. "We can substantially reduce energy consumption in Germany and Europe if we manage to boost the use of renewable energy and considerably improve energy efficiency in the building sector. Both approaches are crucially important for sustainable environmental protection. I therefore very much welcome this new agreement with DKB, which is strongly geared towards the financing of renewable energy projects."
DKB board member Rolf Malib is pleased with the partnership.
“We are pleased to be able to continue the long-standing and successful cooperation with the EIB, especially in the renewable energy field," he said. "From the mid-90s onwards, DKB has supported its customers as a financing partner for renewable energy investments in Germany."
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about European Investment Bank ?
Next time we write about European Investment Bank, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Green and Blue Finance Will Help Bridge Infrastructure Investment Gap in Southeast Asia
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: World Bank and IMF Officials Visit Morocco to Prepare 2021 Annual Meetings in Marrakech
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Time to demonstrate our ability to solve problems in two pre-election years
- GEORGIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY: Georgian Chamber of Commerce and Industry responds to the promotion of Georgia in the EuCham ranking
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Ministry of Finance proposed to establish the amount of bank guarantees of VEB.RF and EDB for customs
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Converse Bank offers online loans at a low effective interest rate
- BANK OF GEORGIA: Bank of Georgia opened a new branch of property management accumulated in the historical building
- BANK OF MOSCOW - RUSSIA: VTB patents a multi-issuer blockchain system
- EUROPEAN BANK FOR RECONSTRUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT: EBRD investment in Western Balkans tops €1 billion in 2018
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Two medical centers in Armavir region got new equipment and furniture thanks to Fruitful Armenia Foundation