Azerbaijan Energy Minister Natiq Aliyev said May 7 that natural gas from the country's Southern Gas Corridor would be available to Greece, Italy and Bulgaria in 2020.
Three pipelines will be involved in this process: the Trans-Anatolian Natural Gas Pipeline (TANAP), the Trans-Adriatic Pipeline (TAP) and the South Caucasus Pipeline. During a meeting with the Energy Security Conference in Berlin, Aliyev said that a quarter of the required construction is complete.
"We are sure that this project will be successfully fulfilled and implemented," Aliyev said. "We are very encouraged to deliver 10 billion cubic meters of gas to Bulgaria, Greece and Italy in 2020."
Groundbreaking for the TANAP took place in March. Aliyev said the TANAP should be complete in 2019. Gas supplies to Turkey will be increased to 12.6 billion cubic meters once the TANAP is completed. Currently Azerbaijan supplies Turkey with 6 billion cubic meters.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about United States - Azerbaijan Chamber of Commerce ?
Next time we write about United States - Azerbaijan Chamber of Commerce, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GOVERNMENT OF UZBEKISTAN: The Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Uzbekistan held a regional training on reforms in the field of public procurement
- BG CAPITAL - GEORGIA: Galt and Taggart Published Macroeconomic Research of Uzbekistan
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: EDB and REC to support the supply to Kazakhstan of Russian modules for a solar power station
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: Ukraine: EU Bank launches new scheme to strengthen the agri-food sector
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: DB Raises 85.05 Million Georgian Lari in Offshore Bond Market
- ARTSAKBANK - ARMENIA: Shareholders Extraordinary General Meeting
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Vice-President Chen Highlights Uzbekistan's Capital Market Development Priorities in Keynote Speech
- ATA BANK - AZERBAIJAN: AtaBank's traditional savings campaign kicks off
- BALTIC INTERNATIONAL BANK - UKRAINE: Baltic International Bank’s Opening Hours on 18 November 2019
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: Break of UKRSIBBANK Payment Cards , ATMS and POS Terminal