Malaysian oil and gas company Petronas has acquired a 15.5 percent interest in the Shah Deniz oil field, the U.S. – Azerbaijan Chamber of Commerce said Tuesday.
Petronas had entered a purchasing agreement with Statoil of Norway that would transfer that company's share in the field, worth $2.25 billion, to Petronas.
"The acquisition is part of our strategy to show our presence here, and is part of our long-term strategy to grow our business here." Petronas Azerbaijan Country Chair Zainal Abidin Zainudin said. "We are here for the long run, we are here to stay for as long as there is good business sense to be here."
Zainudin said the acquisition increases the company's strategic position in Azerbaijan.
field, approximately 45 miles from Baku, was discovered in the South Caspian Sea in 1999.
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: Speech by NBU Governor Yakiv Smolii at a press briefing on monetary policy
- NATIONAL BANK OF TAJIKISTAN: National Bank of Tajikistan and International Monetary Fund have considered cooperation issues
- PROMSVYZABANK - RUSSIA: Promsvyazbank awarded the winners of the national prize "Business Success"
- RAIFFESISENBANK - RUSSIA: Amendment of the “General Terms and Conditions of Servicing Accounts, Deposits and Consumer Loans”
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: NBU Launches Economic Express Regional Project in Zhytomyr
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: EUR 1.9 billion EIB Group backing for private sector, energy and urban investment across Greece
- HSBC - GEORGIA: Technology targets financial crime
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: More European funds available to support energy efficiency in residential buildings
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Green and Blue Finance Will Help Bridge Infrastructure Investment Gap in Southeast Asia
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: World Bank and IMF Officials Visit Morocco to Prepare 2021 Annual Meetings in Marrakech