As part of its ongoing assistance program for existing Ukrainian corporate clients, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) will provide a $13 million loan to Globino, Ukraine's leading meat processing company.
Globino, based in the Poltava region, will used the loan to address its liquidity and working capital needs and to overcome the difficulties and constraints fused by the financial crisis and the reduced availability of external funding.
"We know how important the agribusiness sector is for the Ukrainian economy," EBRD Director for Ukraine Sevki Acuner said. "We welcome this signing because it allows us to support the growth of a strong local company. This new loan demonstrates our continuous commitment to Globino as a long-term partner."
Agribusiness is seen as a key growth driver for the Ukrainian economy, with more than $160 million provided by the EBRD to various agribusiness clients in Ukraine since the start of 2014.
A $25 million loan was signed by the EBRD in 2011 for the Globino Group to modernize its Globinsky Meat Plant and Globinsky Pig Complex.
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB, Tonga Sign Grant Agreement for Ongoing Urban Project
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: Order a free Idram Rocket Visa Card and get 2 KinoPark invitations
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: French-Armenian Doctors Program in Tavush
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On results of deposit auction on attraction of funds by the Central Bank
- CARTUBANK - GEORGIA: Card tariffs
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB President Reaffirms Strong Support to Maldives
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Rosbank will keep zero service fee for money transfers via Faster Payments System
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies