As part of its ongoing assistance program for existing Ukrainian corporate clients, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) will provide a $13 million loan to Globino, Ukraine's leading meat processing company.
Globino, based in the Poltava region, will used the loan to address its liquidity and working capital needs and to overcome the difficulties and constraints fused by the financial crisis and the reduced availability of external funding.
"We know how important the agribusiness sector is for the Ukrainian economy," EBRD Director for Ukraine Sevki Acuner said. "We welcome this signing because it allows us to support the growth of a strong local company. This new loan demonstrates our continuous commitment to Globino as a long-term partner."
Agribusiness is seen as a key growth driver for the Ukrainian economy, with more than $160 million provided by the EBRD to various agribusiness clients in Ukraine since the start of 2014.
A $25 million loan was signed by the EBRD in 2011 for the Globino Group to modernize its Globinsky Meat Plant and Globinsky Pig Complex.
- PROMSVYAZBANK - RUSSIA: Mutual funds of Promsvyaz management company entered the list of the best in terms of management quality
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Global Finance recognizes Converse Bank as the Best Trade Finance Provider in Armenia
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On Results of Deposit Auction to Attract Funds by the Central Bank
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Chairman of the Board of the EDB Andrei Belyaninov headed the department at REU named after G. V. Plekhanova
- EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT-NEWS: EU budget debate ahead of crucial summit
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK: FUIB has opened a branch in Gorishni Plavni
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Unveils Venture Platform to Invest in Impact Technology Startups
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: EDB will expand its presence in Kazakhstan
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Belarus president talks about viability of alternative oil delivery options
- PROMIVESTBANK - UKRAINE: For clients of Prominvestbank PJSC