The Eurasian Development Bank (EDB) recently published its interim financial statements according to IFRS for the first six months of 2014.
EDB, which was rated A3 by Moody's and BBB by Standard & Poor's, had assets made up of $4.3 billion for the first six months of 2014, with the amount of loans disbursed to customers increasing by $130.9 million--or 5.6 percent--during the reporting period to $2.5 billion.
Total liabilities for the bank were $2.7 billion for the period, while EDB's amount of debt securities issued was $2.4 billion, declining by $345.8 million, or 12.4 percent.
EDB's total equity for the six months of 2014 reached $1.6 billion. Its total comprehensive income was $2.7 million, while net profits increased to $5.8 million following a net loss of $37.9 million for the same period of 2013.
Founded by Russia and Kazakhstan in January 2006, the EDB's mission is to facilitate the development of market economies, sustainable economic growth and the expansion of mutual trade and other economic ties in its member states. The bank's charter capital exceeds $1.5 billion.
Member states of the bank include Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Russia and Tajikistan.
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Time to demonstrate our ability to solve problems in two pre-election years
- GEORGIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY: Georgian Chamber of Commerce and Industry responds to the promotion of Georgia in the EuCham ranking
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Ministry of Finance proposed to establish the amount of bank guarantees of VEB.RF and EDB for customs
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Converse Bank offers online loans at a low effective interest rate
- BANK OF GEORGIA: Bank of Georgia opened a new branch of property management accumulated in the historical building
- BANK OF MOSCOW - RUSSIA: VTB patents a multi-issuer blockchain system
- EUROPEAN BANK FOR RECONSTRUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT: EBRD investment in Western Balkans tops €1 billion in 2018
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Two medical centers in Armavir region got new equipment and furniture thanks to Fruitful Armenia Foundation
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank has a new board chairman
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: ABN AMRO to make more sustainability information available to investors