Commerzbank recently awarded Belarusbank for its cooperation with foreign financial institutions in the area of foreign trade finance.
Belarusbank Chairman Sergei Pisarik was presented with the award for excellent cooperation based on performance in 2013 by Hovsep Voskanyan, the head of Commerzbank's Belarusian office.
Pisarik said Belarusbank strives to maintain strict compliance with its obligations to western counterparties.
"Using external sources we finance the import of complex technical products and high-tech equipment, and the construction of large facilities," Pisarik said. "These are significant investments in the country's economy. Supporting the real production sector is the core business area of our bank."
Belarusbank, which has been a partner of Commerzbank for more than 20 years, is the largest financial institution in Belarus, with more than 100 banking products.
The bank is, to date, the leader among banks in the nation in terms of capital and authorized funds, total assets, number of outlets, volume of loans given to clients, bulk payment and international business.
- EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT-NEWS: EU budget debate ahead of crucial summit
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK: FUIB has opened a branch in Gorishni Plavni
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Unveils Venture Platform to Invest in Impact Technology Startups
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: EDB will expand its presence in Kazakhstan
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Belarus president talks about viability of alternative oil delivery options
- PROMIVESTBANK - UKRAINE: For clients of Prominvestbank PJSC
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Registration Opens for ADB's 53rd Annual Meeting
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: European Commission and EIB Group join forces to boost space sector investment with EUR 200 million of financing
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: The National Bank has agreed on the terms and conditions of activity of Ukraine's Clear Junction international payment system
- INTERNATIONAL MONERTARY FUND: Andorra Applies for IMF Membership