Azerbaijan's VTB Bank announced last week that the bank's supervisory board has appointed Yuri Yakovlev as chairman of its management board.
According to a press release from VTB, Yakovlev assumed his position last month after certification by the Central Bank of Azerbaijan. He has been at VTB Group since 2006 and was appointed to head the New Delhi branch in 2011.
"Yuri Yakovlev has significant financial sector experience," First Deputy President and Chairman of VTB Bank Vasily Titov said. "He has successfully managed the task of running VTB Bank's subsidiary in India efficiently. We believe that under his guidance, VTB Bank will actively continue to grow its business while strengthening key financial indicators."
Yakovlev is a graduate of the Diplomatic Academy of the Russian Foreign Ministry, holds a doctorate in economics and is an expert on international trade and economic relations.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar