India's Charge d'Affaires to Uzbekistan, Devinder Kumar Sharma, praised the country's foreign policy and economic development on Tuesday ahead of the 23rd anniversary of Uzbekistan's independence from the Soviet Union.
He said India values its ties with Uzbekistan, adding that the state visits between leaders of the two countries have helped to strengthen the strategic partnership, UzA reports.
"The intensity of collaboration between our countries has been expanding year by year," Kumar Sharma said, according to UzA. "Political, trade-economic, scientific and technological, social and cultural cooperation is consistently developing. The effective collaboration is being maintained in the fields such as information technologies, mining industry, energy, textile, agriculture and pharmaceuticals."
Kumar Sharma said that in addition to trade and economic interests, Uzbekistan and India also have similar outlooks on regional and international issues.
"Uzbekistan is attracting great attention of the world with its successful foreign policy and high development," Kumar Sharma said, UzA reports. "The practical efforts of President Islam Karimov on the settlement of disputes, differences and conflicts, which are occurring in various regions, in a peaceful way by means of political discussions should be precisely underlined. [The] country is assisting in the establishment of peace, reconstruction of infrastructure and development of economy of the neighboring country, Afghanistan. It is of utmost importance in the development of countries and in the development of Uzbek and Indian relations."
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: France: Derichebourg receives EIB financing of 130 million euros under the Juncker Plan
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: IMF Executive Board Completes the Second Review under the Extended Credit Facility Arrangement and Approves US$25 Million Disbursement to Burkina Faso
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Salary Card with 70% Discount
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Sells 60 Million Lari Dual-Tranche Domestic Bonds in Georgia
- UNITED STATE - UKRAINE BUSINESS COUNCIL (USUBC): UIA Carried Nearly 4 Million Passengers During the First Half of 2019
- THE WORLD BANK: World Bank Appoints New Country Director for Afghanistan
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Converse Bank signed Micro and SME financing loan agreement with Eurasian Development Bank
- RAIFFESISENBANK - RUSSIA: Change in tariffs for servicing current accounts
- PROMIVESTBANK - UKRAINE: Long-term credit rating of PJSC "Prominvestbank" on the national scale has been updated at uaAA + level.
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Expert RA affirmed the highest rating of Rosbank