The International Bank of Azerbaijan (IBA) held its top position in the recently released CIS Banking Market Leaders.
The rankings, prepared by rating agency experts at RIA, showed the IBA is the 31st largest CIS bank as of early 2014, rising from a 2013 ranking of 34th. The ranking includes 200 of the largest entities in the CIS banking market, according to ABC.az.
IBA assets totaled $9.79 billion as of Jan. 1, according to RIA, accounting for 37.7 percent of the total assets of Azerbaijan's banking system, posting growth of 24.5 percent compared to the same term's index in 2013.
The IBA, headquartered in Baku, consists of 36 branches and 95 service outlets in more than 40 cities. The bank has the largest asset scope, customer base and international business of all banks within the South Caucasus region. It counts more than 30,000 corporate customers and 400,000 individual customers, with almost all large and medium companies operating in Azerbaijan operating as IBA customers, ABC.az reports.
The IBA is one of the world's 1,000 largest and most stable banks as of 2013.
- EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT-NEWS: EU budget debate ahead of crucial summit
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK: FUIB has opened a branch in Gorishni Plavni
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Unveils Venture Platform to Invest in Impact Technology Startups
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: EDB will expand its presence in Kazakhstan
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Belarus president talks about viability of alternative oil delivery options
- PROMIVESTBANK - UKRAINE: For clients of Prominvestbank PJSC
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Registration Opens for ADB's 53rd Annual Meeting
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: European Commission and EIB Group join forces to boost space sector investment with EUR 200 million of financing
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: The National Bank has agreed on the terms and conditions of activity of Ukraine's Clear Junction international payment system
- INTERNATIONAL MONERTARY FUND: Andorra Applies for IMF Membership