Provisory implementation of the provision of the European Union's Association Agreement with Moldova will be accelerated to allow Moldova to obtain early benefits, according to European Commissioner for Enlargement and Neighborhood Policy Stefan Fule.
Fule, speaking during a plenary session of the council on foreign relations for the Eastern Partnership in Brussels on July 22, said the EU will help Moldova face provocations through the provision of political support and technical and financial assistance, according to a press release.
"These measures are taken as reaction to evolution in the region and as reply to commercial restrictions imposed by Russia to Moldova," Fule said, adding that "the signing of the Association Agreement with EU is an historic moment, which opens another level of ties between the states."
The Association Agreement with the European Union was signed by Moldova on June 27. Under the procedures, the treaty must be ratified by the 28 EU member states and enters into force on the first day of the second month after the last ratification instrument is submitted.
Four member state parliaments--Romania, Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia--have ratified the agreement to date.
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On holding auctions on attracting funds by the Central Bank
- UNICREDIT - AZERBAIJAN: UniCredit launches first ETFs combining factor strategy with ESG criteria on European equities
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT BANK: AIIB, EBRD and BSTDB co-finance expansion of Turkey’s largest geothermal power plant
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Belarus wants to deepen economic ties with Latvia
- GOVERNMENT OF ARMENIA: Open Government Partnership Initiative Working Group Holds Meeting
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: France: Derichebourg receives EIB financing of 130 million euros under the Juncker Plan
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: IMF Executive Board Completes the Second Review under the Extended Credit Facility Arrangement and Approves US$25 Million Disbursement to Burkina Faso