Provisory implementation of the provision of the European Union's Association Agreement with Moldova will be accelerated to allow Moldova to obtain early benefits, according to European Commissioner for Enlargement and Neighborhood Policy Stefan Fule.
Fule, speaking during a plenary session of the council on foreign relations for the Eastern Partnership in Brussels on July 22, said the EU will help Moldova face provocations through the provision of political support and technical and financial assistance, according to a press release.
"These measures are taken as reaction to evolution in the region and as reply to commercial restrictions imposed by Russia to Moldova," Fule said, adding that "the signing of the Association Agreement with EU is an historic moment, which opens another level of ties between the states."
The Association Agreement with the European Union was signed by Moldova on June 27. Under the procedures, the treaty must be ratified by the 28 EU member states and enters into force on the first day of the second month after the last ratification instrument is submitted.
Four member state parliaments--Romania, Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia--have ratified the agreement to date.
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Green and Blue Finance Will Help Bridge Infrastructure Investment Gap in Southeast Asia
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: World Bank and IMF Officials Visit Morocco to Prepare 2021 Annual Meetings in Marrakech
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Time to demonstrate our ability to solve problems in two pre-election years
- GEORGIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY: Georgian Chamber of Commerce and Industry responds to the promotion of Georgia in the EuCham ranking
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Ministry of Finance proposed to establish the amount of bank guarantees of VEB.RF and EDB for customs
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Converse Bank offers online loans at a low effective interest rate
- BANK OF GEORGIA: Bank of Georgia opened a new branch of property management accumulated in the historical building
- BANK OF MOSCOW - RUSSIA: VTB patents a multi-issuer blockchain system
- EUROPEAN BANK FOR RECONSTRUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT: EBRD investment in Western Balkans tops €1 billion in 2018
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Two medical centers in Armavir region got new equipment and furniture thanks to Fruitful Armenia Foundation