The International Monetary Fund announced recently that it sent a mission to Kiev from in June to hold discussions on the first review under the stand-by Arrangement on Ukraine's economic reform program.
"The mission has reached understanding with the Ukrainian authorities on the policies necessary for the completion of the first review under the SBA," Nikolay Gueorguiev, the IMF mission chief for Ukraine, said, according to a press release. "In this regard, the authorities have committed to take a number of policy actions prior to the completion of the review. As is usual practice, the understandings reached with the authorities are subject to approval by the Executive Board. The completion of the review would enable the disbursement of about $1.4 million."
Gueorguiev said the policies, in general, have been implemented as planned, although there have been some delays and the ongoing conflict in Crimea is putting increased strain on the program, as well as key elements of the macroeconomic framework.
"Notwithstanding the authorities' continued commitment to the program and good record of implementation so far, the authorities have decided to take a number of compensatory measures to limit the negative impact of the conflict in the short run, and ensure that key program objectives are achieved over the period of the two-year program," Gueorguiev said.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about International Monetary Fund ?
Next time we write about International Monetary Fund, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB, Tonga Sign Grant Agreement for Ongoing Urban Project
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: Order a free Idram Rocket Visa Card and get 2 KinoPark invitations
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: French-Armenian Doctors Program in Tavush
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On results of deposit auction on attraction of funds by the Central Bank
- CARTUBANK - GEORGIA: Card tariffs
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB President Reaffirms Strong Support to Maldives
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Rosbank will keep zero service fee for money transfers via Faster Payments System
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies