Armenia's first Carrefour retail hypermarket is expected to open this autumn, according to French Ambassador to Armenia Henri Reynaud.
Reynaud, speaking at a press conference last week, said he recently met with French entrepreneurs interested in doing business in Armenia. A preliminary agreement was signed in May between Yerevan Mall and Carrefour, with Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan and French President Francois Hollande present for the signing, ARKA reports.
The Armenian Carrefour hypermarket in the Yerevan Mall territory will total more than 710,000 square feet of space built to Carrefour standards.
The French retail trade company Carrefour, operated by Carrefour SA, is the world's second largest chain of hypermarket after Wal-Mart, according to ARKA.
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB, Tonga Sign Grant Agreement for Ongoing Urban Project
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: Order a free Idram Rocket Visa Card and get 2 KinoPark invitations
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: French-Armenian Doctors Program in Tavush
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On results of deposit auction on attraction of funds by the Central Bank
- CARTUBANK - GEORGIA: Card tariffs
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB President Reaffirms Strong Support to Maldives
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Rosbank will keep zero service fee for money transfers via Faster Payments System
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies