The Eurasian Development Bank (EDB)--a Russian-Kazakh financial institution founded in 2006--signed an agreement on Tuesday to serve as a mandated lead arranger for an $85 million syndicated loan to Belinvest, the Belarusian Bank for Development and Reconstruction.
In addition to the EDB, Novikombank, AlfaBank, Globex Bank, MDM Bank, Credit Bank of Moscow, Zenith Bank and Baltikums Bank took part in arranging the loan.
The EDB's funds will be used to finance export-import trade between Belarus and Russia.
Belinvestbank was established in 2001 after the merger of Belbusinessbank and the Belarusian Bank for Development. Since the bank began working with Belarus in 2010, it has financed export and import transactions as well as projects for small-and medium-sized enterprises worth more than $180 million.
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Time to demonstrate our ability to solve problems in two pre-election years
- GEORGIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY: Georgian Chamber of Commerce and Industry responds to the promotion of Georgia in the EuCham ranking
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Ministry of Finance proposed to establish the amount of bank guarantees of VEB.RF and EDB for customs
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Converse Bank offers online loans at a low effective interest rate
- BANK OF GEORGIA: Bank of Georgia opened a new branch of property management accumulated in the historical building
- BANK OF MOSCOW - RUSSIA: VTB patents a multi-issuer blockchain system
- EUROPEAN BANK FOR RECONSTRUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT: EBRD investment in Western Balkans tops €1 billion in 2018
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Two medical centers in Armavir region got new equipment and furniture thanks to Fruitful Armenia Foundation
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank has a new board chairman
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: ABN AMRO to make more sustainability information available to investors