Kazakhstan's Foreign Minister Erlan Idrissov met with Tajikistan's Foreign Minister Sirodjidin Aslov last week during the latter's first official visit to to the country.
The two sides discussed bilateral relations between their countries as well as the key issues related to regional and international cooperation. Idrissov said Tajikistan is one of Kazakhstan's most important economic and political partners in Central Asia, adding that the two countries need to strengthen their ties in a number of areas, including mining, nonferrous metallurgy, machinery, power, light industry, transport, communications and agriculture, Tengri News reports.
The two ministers also discussed cooperation in the water and energy sectors. Idrissov said cooperation in energy is only possible if the two nations work towards the benefit of mutual interests.
"We will seek to promote the integrated relations in our region," Idrissov said, according to Tengri News. "Central Asia has always been a special priority of our foreign policy and our efforts will be focused on development of these relations."
Idrissov also praised Tajikistan's chairmanship of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization and wished his success in leading the Council of Foreign Ministers of the SCO meeting in July and the SCO summit in September, where the presidents of Kazakhstan and Tajikistan are set to meet.
- ARDSHININVESTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank and Black Sea Trade and Development Bank sign $ 20 million loan agreement
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: Message from Mher Abrahamyan, Chairman of IDBank's Board of Directors, to clients
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank applies to its clients
- ARMBUSINESSBANK - ARMENIA: ARMBUSINESSBANK Announces Deferred Loan Repayments
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: About loans: ACBA-Credit Agricole Bank
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank customers can receive their money transfers without visiting the Bank
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Amount on settlement and deposit accounts in EDB exceeded $ 440 million
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Staff at ADB Headquarters to Temporarily Work from Home
- RAIFFESISENBANK - RUSSIA: Raiffeisenbank bought a domain in anticipation of the launch of a new product
- CARTUBANK - GEORGIA: Additional privileges for Visa Infinite card holders