Azerbaijani Finance Minister Samir Sharifov said at a meeting in Baku, Azerbaijan, earlier this month that The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has invested $1.7 billion in the country since 1999 through loans and grant agreements.
"Some $1.334 billion have been invested as of early this year under loan agreements with the bank," Sharifov said, according to AzerNews. "Following the restoration of Azerbaijan's independence, the effective integration of the country into the global economic system was chosen as a strategic goal of economic policy, and this goal certainly would not have been achieved without cooperation with international financial institutions."
Sharifov said Azerbaijan intends to continue strengthening cooperation with the ADB to achieve sustainable economic growth.
Established in 1966 and headquartered in Manila in the Philippines, the ADB has 67 member countries--its leading shareholders are Japan, the U.S, India, China, Australia, South Korea and Canada, AzerNews reports.
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: Investment Plan for Europe: the EIB and Grifols sign a new loan agreement to advance research on rare and chronic diseases
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Eurasian Development Bank and Kazyna Capital Management signed an agreement on cooperation
- BANK ZENIT - RUSSIA: Banking Group ZENIT announced its financial results under IFRS for the six months of 2018
- BNP PARIBAS - UKRAINE: UKRSIBBANK Remotely Refines its Personal Data
- BANK OF GEORGIA: With the general partnership of the Bank of Georgia, the traditional horse racing "Baccharo Cup 2018" was held to popularize the resort Bakhmaro
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Philippine PPP Policy Gets a Boost from ADB's $300 Million Loan
- AG BANK: AGBank congratulates the people of Azerbaijan with the state attribute on the 26th anniversary of manat!
- ABN AMRO SERVICES COMPANY: New ABN AMRO campaign highlights sustainable business