U.S. Sen. Ben Cardin spoke at the hearings on Azerbaijan that were recently conducted at the U.S. Helsinki Commission.
Cardin said that the U.S. considers Azerbaijan a friend and partner in the region, News.az reports.
Cardin also said that the United States cares deeply about Azerbaijan's development.
"The Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is a serious obstacle to regional stability, security and prosperity, and certainly is an issue where we want to see progress because the status quo is not sustainable," Cardin said, News.az reports.
Cardin expressed hope for a stable and prosperous Azerbaijan, while also applauding the country for siding with the U.S. in the UN Security Council vote on supporting Ukraine's territorial integrity.
Cardin has been the junior U.S. senator from Maryland since 2007. He began his career in the Maryland House of Delegates where he became one of the youngest Speakers of the House in the state's history.
- ARDSHININVESTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank and Black Sea Trade and Development Bank sign $ 20 million loan agreement
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: Message from Mher Abrahamyan, Chairman of IDBank's Board of Directors, to clients
- ARMECONOMBANK - ARMENIA: Armeconombank applies to its clients
- ARMBUSINESSBANK - ARMENIA: ARMBUSINESSBANK Announces Deferred Loan Repayments
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: About loans: ACBA-Credit Agricole Bank
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: IDBank customers can receive their money transfers without visiting the Bank
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Amount on settlement and deposit accounts in EDB exceeded $ 440 million
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Staff at ADB Headquarters to Temporarily Work from Home
- RAIFFESISENBANK - RUSSIA: Raiffeisenbank bought a domain in anticipation of the launch of a new product
- CARTUBANK - GEORGIA: Additional privileges for Visa Infinite card holders