Ole Johan Bjørnøy, the ambassador of the Kingdom of Norway, will visit Kazakhstan later this month to further bilateral cooperation between the two countries.
The two countries currently have a relationship based on oil and gas production and support in world nonproliferation and disarmament efforts, the Astana Times reports.
"Both Norway and Kazakhstan are oil and gas producing countries and both are committed to the development of emerging technologies and moving away from their resource-based economies," Bjørnøy said. "Kazakhstan is now an upper-middle income country, which puts our countries on a different level of cooperation, they are not in a donor-client relationship, but rather a partner like relationship especially when it comes to nuclear nonproliferation, where Kazakhstan set a very good example by hosting P5+1 negotiations in the past two years."
Bjørnøy is scheduled to visit Eastern Kazakhstan, Semey, Kurchatov and Ust-Kamenogorsk, which are the parts of Kazakhstan that sustained damage during 40 years of nuclear testing conducted in the country.
"Recently, I visited the Tamgaly Petroglyph site 120 kilometers from Almaty," Bjørnøy said, the Astana times reports. "It is one of the three UNESCO World Heritage sites in Kazakhstan and was added to the prestigious international list in 2004."
Bjørnøy also highlighted the country's mining industry potential. The ambassador first visited Kazakhstan in 1999. He assumed office in August 2012.
- PROMSVYAZBANK - RUSSIA: Mutual funds of Promsvyaz management company entered the list of the best in terms of management quality
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Global Finance recognizes Converse Bank as the Best Trade Finance Provider in Armenia
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On Results of Deposit Auction to Attract Funds by the Central Bank
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Chairman of the Board of the EDB Andrei Belyaninov headed the department at REU named after G. V. Plekhanova
- EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT-NEWS: EU budget debate ahead of crucial summit
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK: FUIB has opened a branch in Gorishni Plavni
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Unveils Venture Platform to Invest in Impact Technology Startups
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: EDB will expand its presence in Kazakhstan
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Belarus president talks about viability of alternative oil delivery options
- PROMIVESTBANK - UKRAINE: For clients of Prominvestbank PJSC