Stepan Kubiv, the governor of the National Bank of Ukraine (NBU), met with representatives from the World Bank last Thursday to discuss enhancing cooperation through the funding of projects that would help ensure a smooth functioning financial sector and also mitigate risk in the banking system.
Kubiv met with Frank Heemskerk, the executive director of the Dutch constituency of the World Bank Group, and Roman Zhukovskyi, the alternate executive director of the World Bank.
"In recent weeks, the National Bank of Ukraine, in cooperation with the government and the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, with assistance from the experts of the World Bank Group and the International Monetary Fund, have made good progress in many areas, including in the legislative sphere," Kubiv said, adding, however, that cooperation would help the country reform its banking system.
Kubiv said the committee of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine recently tabled the discussion of a draft law that would forestall the adverse impact on banking sector stability. The draft law, which was created with experts from the World Bank Group, would amend certain laws in Ukraine to help protect the banking sector.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about International Monetary Fund ?
Next time we write about International Monetary Fund, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB, Tonga Sign Grant Agreement for Ongoing Urban Project
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: Order a free Idram Rocket Visa Card and get 2 KinoPark invitations
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: French-Armenian Doctors Program in Tavush
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On results of deposit auction on attraction of funds by the Central Bank
- CARTUBANK - GEORGIA: Card tariffs
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB President Reaffirms Strong Support to Maldives
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Rosbank will keep zero service fee for money transfers via Faster Payments System
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies