The World Bank and the Ministry of Regional Development of Kazakhstan held a workshop last Friday to discuss policy regulation of entrepreneurial activity.
The two sides have worked together on various aspects of regulatory reform since 2011, resulting in best international practices being studied and implemented into law, the bank said in a press release.
"Kazakhstani business should really feel the improvement of the business climate," Bolat Zhamishev, Kazakhstan's minister of regional development, said. "We see a real growth of the private sector as a result of our work."
The workshop provided members of parliament and various ministries, as well as business associations, an analysis of the current regulatory policies and environment in Kazakhstan and shared lessons learned from international models.
"The World Bank has been a long-standing development partner to the government of Kazakhstan, and over the past years we have witnessed the important efforts from authorities in improving the investment climate in the country," Sebnemm Akkay, the World Bank's country manager for Kazakhstan, said. "As we continue our successful collaboration on regulatory reform, we believe it is important to focus on strengthening the public sector institutions that will improve the quality of all regulation and consolidate an enabling environment that fosters the attraction and retention of investments in the economy."
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar