Dmitry Krasilnikov, the deputy chairman of the management board of the Eurasian Development Bank (EDB), said at the recent Astana Economic Forum that Eurasian integration has made significant advances since the signing of the agreement on the Eurasian Economic Forum.
Speaking at a panel on the 20th anniversary of Eurasian economic integration, Krasilnikov discussed an idea first formulated by Nursultan Nazarbayev, the president of Kazakhstan, in 1994.
Krasilnikov told session participants that since 2006, the EDB has financed 94 investment projects in its member states worth more than $5 billion. Industrial infrastructure, especially energy and transport projects, account for approximately 67 percent of its investments.
Krasilnikov also said that since its establishment, the EDB has been an effective and market-oriented financial institution.
"This has become possible as a result of the Bank's continuous dialogue with the investor community, which we see as a tuning fork that helps us arrange our financial activities in a predictable and investor-friendly fashion," Krasilnikov said.
Krasilnikov said the bank is continuing the implement its 2013-2017 strategy and expects to double its investment portfolio to $10 billion.
The EDB was founded by Russia and Kazakhstan in January 2006 with the mission of facilitating the development of market economies, sustainable economic growth and ties between its member states.
The member states are the Republic of Armenia, the Republic of Belarus, the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic, the Russian Federation, and the Republic of Tajikistan.
- PROMSVYAZBANK - RUSSIA: Mutual funds of Promsvyaz management company entered the list of the best in terms of management quality
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Global Finance recognizes Converse Bank as the Best Trade Finance Provider in Armenia
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On Results of Deposit Auction to Attract Funds by the Central Bank
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Chairman of the Board of the EDB Andrei Belyaninov headed the department at REU named after G. V. Plekhanova
- EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT-NEWS: EU budget debate ahead of crucial summit
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK: FUIB has opened a branch in Gorishni Plavni
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Unveils Venture Platform to Invest in Impact Technology Startups
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: EDB will expand its presence in Kazakhstan
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Belarus president talks about viability of alternative oil delivery options
- PROMIVESTBANK - UKRAINE: For clients of Prominvestbank PJSC