Ukraine announced on Tuesday that it would be seceding from the Commonwealth of Independent States.
The announcement was made by Andriy Parubiy, the chairman of the country's Council of National Security and Defense, ABC.az reports.
Ukraine is one of the founding members of the CIS, though it has not ratified its charter for membership since 1991, meaning Ukraine is considered a participating member and not a full member of the CIS.
"We decided to prepare a plan for holding joint exercises of Ukrainian army and allies-guarantors of Ukrainian security," Parubiy said, according to ABC.az. "Appropriate appeal to the countries-guarantors has already been prepared."
Ukraine is expected to sign an agreement with the European Union in June. Full membership to the EU, however, could be hampered by territorial conflict in Ukraine, including the loss of Crimea to Russia.
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB, Tonga Sign Grant Agreement for Ongoing Urban Project
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: Order a free Idram Rocket Visa Card and get 2 KinoPark invitations
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: French-Armenian Doctors Program in Tavush
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On results of deposit auction on attraction of funds by the Central Bank
- CARTUBANK - GEORGIA: Card tariffs
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB President Reaffirms Strong Support to Maldives
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Rosbank will keep zero service fee for money transfers via Faster Payments System
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies