Governor of the Central Bank of Azerbaijan Elman Rustamov recently received a delegation from the Hungarian Business Leaders Forum, led by its president, Borbala Czako.
Rustamov provided in-depth information on economic growth in Azerbaijan, development of the financial and banking system, and the country's future growth priorities. He said the military, political and socioeconomic chaos of the post-Soviet era has been overcome.
From independence through 2003, Rustamov said, the country made significant changes on the road to a market economy. It also implemented banking reforms that have given rise to a stable and sustainable financial-banking system.
Since 2003, the banking sector has significantly developed and the country has seen strong economic development and growth, he said, pointing to the country's ability to weather the global financial crisis.
Moving forward, Rustamov said, the concept of "Azerbaijan - 2020: Look into the Future," approved by President Ilham Aliyev, will determine long-term national development, which aims for double economic growth over the next decade.
The key idea of the new strategy is to join the club of high-income nations and provide the highest living standards for the population, he said.
Rustamov also spoke about bilateral economic relations between Azerbaijan and Hungary and expressed his deep confidence in their future development.
Czako provided details about the Forum's activities and said he was looking forward to closer cooperation with Azerbaijan.
- THE WORLD BANK: Jobs of the future require more investment in people
- VTB BANK - ARMENIA: VTB acquires Sarovbusinessbank
- THE WORLD BANK: Sri Lanka Has the Potential to More Than Double Its Exports to South Asia
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT: BSTDB launched a call for expression of interest for website design services
- SEB - UKRAINE: SEB joins finance- and sustainability board
- SOBINBANK - RUSSIA: New features of the DBO Bank-Client
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Anastasia Bushueva Appointed Chief Accountant - Director of Accounting and Reporting Department of Rosbank
- NIKOIL - RUSSIA: Bank URALSIB entered the Top 10 media ratings of Russian banks in August
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"