The European Commission announced last week plans to adopt a special support package worth $485 million that would help stabilize and develop Ukraine.
The conditional program requires reforms in fighting corruption, public administration, constitutional reform, electoral legislation and justice reform. The country will receive the first disbursements from the program after the government signs a financing agreement with the European Commission.
"The EU is not only closely watching events in Ukraine and expressing its readiness to support it, but is also delivering in deeds," stefan Fule, the commissioner for European neighborhood policy, said. "With today's assistance package we are encouraging and supporting the Ukrainian authorities to continue with reforms and in the process of inclusive national development. This package will also support the European Agenda for Reform, recently discussed with the Ukrainian authorities."
The two-part program will put money toward a state building contract and support to civil society.
- THE WORLD BANK: Sri Lanka Has the Potential to More Than Double Its Exports to South Asia
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT: BSTDB launched a call for expression of interest for website design services
- SEB - UKRAINE: SEB joins finance- and sustainability board
- SOBINBANK - RUSSIA: New features of the DBO Bank-Client
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Anastasia Bushueva Appointed Chief Accountant - Director of Accounting and Reporting Department of Rosbank
- NIKOIL - RUSSIA: Bank URALSIB entered the Top 10 media ratings of Russian banks in August
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF GEORGIA: The European Code of Customs Code will be launched in Georgia
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE OF UKRAINE: Ministry of Finance launches second module of "E-Data" project - open "Budget for citizens"
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: Investment Plan for Europe: the EIB and Grifols sign a new loan agreement to advance research on rare and chronic diseases
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Eurasian Development Bank and Kazyna Capital Management signed an agreement on cooperation