Richard Morningstar, the U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan, recently said the U.S. will continue to work with Azerbaijan to develop the Shah Deniz field.
Morningstar made the remarks on April 23 during the Caspian Energy Forum-2014 in Baku. He said the importance of Azerbaijan's energy supply continues to grow amidst turmoil in the region, Trend reports.
"Azerbaijan's energy resources were always important, but their importance is growing amid the recent events related to Ukraine and Russia," Morningstar said, according to Trend. "The success of large energy projects such as the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan oil pipeline is the result of international cooperation."
Morningstar said the U.S. has its own interests in the region, including the support for Europe's energy security and diversification of the sources of energy supply.
"The U.S. will continue working with Azerbaijan and other partners for the sake of further development of the Shah Deniz project," Morningstar said, according to Trend.
Azerbaijan's oil and gas is not directly supplied to the U.S.
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Green and Blue Finance Will Help Bridge Infrastructure Investment Gap in Southeast Asia
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: World Bank and IMF Officials Visit Morocco to Prepare 2021 Annual Meetings in Marrakech
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Time to demonstrate our ability to solve problems in two pre-election years
- GEORGIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY: Georgian Chamber of Commerce and Industry responds to the promotion of Georgia in the EuCham ranking
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Ministry of Finance proposed to establish the amount of bank guarantees of VEB.RF and EDB for customs
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Converse Bank offers online loans at a low effective interest rate
- BANK OF GEORGIA: Bank of Georgia opened a new branch of property management accumulated in the historical building
- BANK OF MOSCOW - RUSSIA: VTB patents a multi-issuer blockchain system
- EUROPEAN BANK FOR RECONSTRUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT: EBRD investment in Western Balkans tops €1 billion in 2018
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Two medical centers in Armavir region got new equipment and furniture thanks to Fruitful Armenia Foundation