Richard Morningstar, the U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan, recently said the U.S. will continue to work with Azerbaijan to develop the Shah Deniz field.
Morningstar made the remarks on April 23 during the Caspian Energy Forum-2014 in Baku. He said the importance of Azerbaijan's energy supply continues to grow amidst turmoil in the region, Trend reports.
"Azerbaijan's energy resources were always important, but their importance is growing amid the recent events related to Ukraine and Russia," Morningstar said, according to Trend. "The success of large energy projects such as the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan oil pipeline is the result of international cooperation."
Morningstar said the U.S. has its own interests in the region, including the support for Europe's energy security and diversification of the sources of energy supply.
"The U.S. will continue working with Azerbaijan and other partners for the sake of further development of the Shah Deniz project," Morningstar said, according to Trend.
Azerbaijan's oil and gas is not directly supplied to the U.S.
- ARDSHININVESTMENTBANK - ARMENIA: Ardshinbank continues to offer tools for reconstruction and refinancing of problematic loan commitments
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: The results of the draw have been summed up at IDBank's Vanadzor branch
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT BANK: BSTDB Acts as Anchor Investor in the First Corporate Bond Issue in Moldova
- GOVERNMENT OF ARMENIA: Deputy Prime Minister Tigran Avinyan Received the US Ambassador
- THE WORLD BANK: Urgent Structural Reforms Can Revive Pakistan’s Economic Growth
- TBC BANK - GEORGIA: TBC Bank's GEL 103 mln Loan Funded by FMO Won Best Local Currency Loan Award in CEE
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: EIB to help protect 1,400km roads in rural Lao PDR from climate change
- CENTRAL BANK OF UZBEKISTAN: Republicanization of the Balance of the Republic of Uzbekistan, the position of investment position and the debts of debt
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT BANK: New BSTDB Secretary General Assumes Duties
- AG BANK: 30% discount on "Royal Gallery Home Collection" stores with AGBank's cards!