Uzbekistan recently launched an industrial fair to promote aviation, electronics and machine building at the Uzexpocenter in Tashkent.
The event, which was called the Complex for the Promotion of Machine Building, Electro-technical and Aviation Industry, Standardization of Goods, was held in accordance with a recently signed government resolution. Uzbekistan's Cabinet of Ministers signed the agreement, "On Measures to Arrange and Hold the International Industrial Fair and Cooperation Exchange in 2014," on February 24.
Uzbekistan's government seeks to increase the localization of finished goods production to develop the country's economy and reduce its dependence on imports. By introducting novel and more efficient technologies into the production process, Uzbekistan could create more competitive products and new jobs.
More than 130 enterprises, including the Tashkent Tractor Plant, the Tashkent Mechanical Engineering Factory, the Chirchikkishlokmash open stock company and the Modular Plant exhibited goods at the event.
Deputy Prime Minister of the Republic of Uzbekistan U. Rozukulov delivered the keynote speech at the opening ceremony.
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On holding auctions on attracting funds by the Central Bank
- UNICREDIT - AZERBAIJAN: UniCredit launches first ETFs combining factor strategy with ESG criteria on European equities
- THE BLACK SEA TRADE AND DEVELOPMENT BANK: AIIB, EBRD and BSTDB co-finance expansion of Turkey’s largest geothermal power plant
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Lukashenko: Belarus wants to deepen economic ties with Latvia
- GOVERNMENT OF ARMENIA: Open Government Partnership Initiative Working Group Holds Meeting
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: France: Derichebourg receives EIB financing of 130 million euros under the Juncker Plan
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: IMF Executive Board Completes the Second Review under the Extended Credit Facility Arrangement and Approves US$25 Million Disbursement to Burkina Faso