Nursultan Nazarbayev, the president of Kazakhstan, met with Igor Finogenov, the chairman of the management board at Eurasian Development Bank (EDB), on Thursday in Astana, Kazakhstan.
The attendees discussed the results of EDB operations in Kazakhstan, which were first established in 2006 by Kazakh and Russian authorities. EDB has invested more than $2 billion in Kazakhstan's economy since 2006, implementing 28 projects in the power, transport engineering and chemical sectors.
Nazarbayev welcomed EDB's investments and said performance indicators show the bank's positive influence.
Finogenov highlighted EDB's work to implement the framework of Kazakhstan's national and sectoral programs. He also spoke on the bank's involvement in advancing the country's financial market and its plans to issue securities.
The bank's headquarters plans to partner with second-tier banks to develop small- and medium-sized business financing in Kazakhstan.
Russia and Kazakhstan founded EDB in January 2006 to facilitate economic ties and expand mutual trade between the two partners.
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: Speech by NBU Governor Yakiv Smolii at a press briefing on monetary policy
- NATIONAL BANK OF TAJIKISTAN: National Bank of Tajikistan and International Monetary Fund have considered cooperation issues
- PROMSVYZABANK - RUSSIA: Promsvyazbank awarded the winners of the national prize "Business Success"
- RAIFFESISENBANK - RUSSIA: Amendment of the “General Terms and Conditions of Servicing Accounts, Deposits and Consumer Loans”
- NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE: NBU Launches Economic Express Regional Project in Zhytomyr
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: EUR 1.9 billion EIB Group backing for private sector, energy and urban investment across Greece
- HSBC - GEORGIA: Technology targets financial crime
- EUROPEAN INVESTMENT BANK: More European funds available to support energy efficiency in residential buildings
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: Green and Blue Finance Will Help Bridge Infrastructure Investment Gap in Southeast Asia
- INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND: World Bank and IMF Officials Visit Morocco to Prepare 2021 Annual Meetings in Marrakech