Azerbaijan is working to improve its competitiveness, the welfare of its citizens and its sustainable economic growth through economic diversification and modernization.
The country saw an 8.8 percent increase in its non-oil gross domestic product between January and March. Its non-oil economy amounted to 11.4 percent for the same period last year, AzerNews reports.
Azerbaijan seeks to achieve successful economic diversification to provide macroeconomic and political stability, as well as an acceptable investment climate. Diversification will also help make available currency reserves, ensuring the country's financial independence. It could help create a unique model for the development of the non-oil sector and help Azerbaijan expand its products to a world market.
President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev recently said that Azerbaijan is one of the most dynamic and successfully developing countries worldwide. He said the oil and gas sector gives the country a comparative advantage in world trade.
"(I have) repeatedly stated that we certainly need to use our financial resources for the development of our economy, entrepreneurship and infrastructure projects, but at the same time our foreign exchange reserves should continue to grow every year," Aliyev said, according to AzerNews.
Azerbaijan is ranked 39th among world countries in global competitiveness, AzerNews reports.
- PROMSVYAZBANK - RUSSIA: Mutual funds of Promsvyaz management company entered the list of the best in terms of management quality
- CONVERSE BANK - ARMENIA: Global Finance recognizes Converse Bank as the Best Trade Finance Provider in Armenia
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On Results of Deposit Auction to Attract Funds by the Central Bank
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: The Chairman of the Board of the EDB Andrei Belyaninov headed the department at REU named after G. V. Plekhanova
- EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT-NEWS: EU budget debate ahead of crucial summit
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK: FUIB has opened a branch in Gorishni Plavni
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB Unveils Venture Platform to Invest in Impact Technology Startups
- EURASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: EDB will expand its presence in Kazakhstan
- GOVERNMENT OF BELARUS: Belarus president talks about viability of alternative oil delivery options
- PROMIVESTBANK - UKRAINE: For clients of Prominvestbank PJSC