The National Bank of Ukraine said on Wednesday it will discuss the development strategy this week for the Ukrainian banking sector with members of the banking community.
Vladyslav Rashkovan, the director of the NBU's department for banking system strategy and reform, said the Ukrainian banking sector will base its 2020 development strategy on analysis of the global financial, regulatory and technology trends.
The bank will develop a surveillance and short-term monitoring framework to ensure goals are met. The monitoring framework will set the foundation for putting the instruments into practice.
The framework will allow the NBU to put forth its own independent monetary policy and foreign exchange policy. NBU will also develop provisions for the smooth operation of the banking system and principles for supervising bank activity.
"Guided by the principles of transparency and openness in our activities, (this) week we will invite banks to discuss this strategy," Rashkovan said.
The NBU will also focus on reviving lending. The economic recession resulted in a lack of funding in several sectors.
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB, Tonga Sign Grant Agreement for Ongoing Urban Project
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: Order a free Idram Rocket Visa Card and get 2 KinoPark invitations
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: French-Armenian Doctors Program in Tavush
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On results of deposit auction on attraction of funds by the Central Bank
- CARTUBANK - GEORGIA: Card tariffs
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB President Reaffirms Strong Support to Maldives
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Rosbank will keep zero service fee for money transfers via Faster Payments System
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies