The U.S. State Department recently announced that the Southern Gas Corridor would play a role in transporting Azerbaijani gas to southern Europe and ensuring energy security.
Carlos Pascual, the department's special envoy and coordinator for international energy affairs, made the remarks during a presentation at the Atlantic Council called "Crisis in Ukraine: Energy Factor," AzerNews reports.
The gas produced at the second stage of Azerbaijan's Shah Deniz field development will be the main source of the Southern Gas Corridor. The corridor is meant to transport Caspian gas to European markets.
The Shah Deniz consortium announced the selection of the Trans Adriatic Pipeline as the main route for transporting its gas to Europe in late June. Nabucco West was an alternative pipeline competing for Azerbaijan's gas transportation to Europe.
Pascual also discussed gas supply disruptions in Europe, legal aspects impeding the sale of imported gas to the third countries and shortcomings in Europe's energy security.
He said Europe's demand for liquid petroleum gas is 11,887 gallons, but the volume is expected to rise in the future, AzerNews reports.
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB, Tonga Sign Grant Agreement for Ongoing Urban Project
- ANELIK BANK - ARMENIA: Order a free Idram Rocket Visa Card and get 2 KinoPark invitations
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK: French-Armenian Doctors Program in Tavush
- CENTRAL BANK OF AZERBIJAN: On results of deposit auction on attraction of funds by the Central Bank
- CARTUBANK - GEORGIA: Card tariffs
- ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK: ADB President Reaffirms Strong Support to Maldives
- ROSBANK - RUSSIA: Rosbank will keep zero service fee for money transfers via Faster Payments System
- BELARUS MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS: Ambassador of Belarus V.Kolesnik meets the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN
- BANK OF GEORGIA: The Bank of Georgia has received the Global Finance Award for "Best Internet Banking for Businesses in Central and Eastern Europe"
- FIRST UKRAINIAN BANK - UKRAINE: FUIB doubled sales of OSAGO insurance policies